Accidentally Clicked Your Ads?

Harish Babu asks:
I have clicked on my own ads accidentally.
Will Google ban me? What do I do now?


Answer:

Hi friends,

I was on travel during the weekend and couldn't post. Hope you all had great weekend too!

I would like you to take care not to click on your own ads. But then, while testing your site, it can happen accidentally and Google is well aware of it. They have told in their [link: show link to Google post]blog[/link] that they are aware of this and there is no need to mail them for such an accidental click.

Google monitors your account continuously and can flag out invalid clicks. Though you may not see it in your account, the credit for such clicks are reduced. This is done so that their advertisers would not have to pay for such clicks and hence to protect their interests.

I would also mention the Adsense Preview tool here. You can use the adsense preview tool to have a look at what ads you will get on a particular page. Through the preview tool, you may also check out the sites to which your ads link to. This is a free tool from Google and you can download it here.

Suggested reading:
14 Easy ways to get banned from Adsense!

0 comments: