Solution for Click Fraud?

Robert McDaniels asks:
I don’t want to worry all time thinking of getting banned due to click fraud. I have in mind to program a server side script that after a click on the adsense, remove the adsense for the user that generate the click, but it requires that I change the Google Adsense code! (And this, I know, is a violation of the TOS). So, is there a solution for click fraud?
If my competitor makes a cache of my page and makes 100 clicks, how I can defender myself?
Why doesn’t Google change the TOS introducing, simply:"from an IP, only the first click in a day are considered"!
Thank you and congratulations for your blog!


Answer:
Thanks Robert, for your feedback on this blog.

If you already know that your competition is clicking on your ads for getting you banned, it’s high time that you closely follow your stats (reports in adsense). Keep an eye on your CTR and watch out for any unusual activity. If you find that something is wrong, inform it to the adsense team through this form.

Google is well aware of this and they are doing there best to protect the interest of their advertisers. These clicks will not be counted in your earnings. However you can report it using the above form.

And finally, if Google had introduced such a phrase in their ToS, many valid clicks would not have been counted and would have brought loss to Google and publishers alike.

Tip: You can read also read How to get banned without even knowing about it?

0 comments: