Proxy server killing Adsense?

Abhishek Bafna asks:
I got a mail on 28th July 2008 from Google Adsense with Subject "Google Adsense Account Disabled". I was really shocked seeing it as I didn’t know what possible reason could be for disabling. I read in a forum and got to know it can be caused by invalid clicks. It’s strange for me to see these clicks, where those come from and if I publicize my site how can I protect from some users who purposefully do this?
I have made an appeal though and hope to get my queries answered and get my account to normal state.
I am IT employee working for ____ Company, whenever I update my blog I used to send email to friends to review and comment on it as it’s about technology updates or some useful information related to IT. To my dismay I see that my account is disabled for which I am not aware what possible reason could be.

My company uses proxy servers to connect to the internet making it seem to the outside world that all traffic is coming from one IP. Can this be the reason?

Answer:
Protecting Adsense
Google has sophisticated ways of monitoring each and every adsense account. These systems are aimed at maintaining the advertisers’, publishers’ and Google’s own interests. But when it comes to protecting your adsense account, you need to be vigilant and be aware of what is going on. You can read this answer -a solution for click fraud and this post on making adsense competition safe.
Your case may be due to invalid clicks. As for the source of the clicks, we need to have a deeper look at your logs. It may be that your peers might have unknowingly clicked regularly too.

Proxy Server vs Adsense
All traffic from within a proxy server supported network would seem to be from the proxy’s IP. But Google’s systems, I believe, are sophisticated enough to know this. How monetizing the leads (visitors who click on the ads) generated from your site are. Are they of any good to the advertisers? Advertisers have access to numerous reports on Adwords by which they can easily spot the site which sends good leads and the ones that are not. Even if a site sends leads from a proxy supported network, it can’t harm you adsense if the leads it send can do what the advertiser want’s them to.
All said, always think long term and go hand in hand with the Google ToS.

0 comments: