Would I be paid anything? Or simply nothing?

Clement asks:
My doubt may sound a bit odd. But I need an answer. Will I get money only if my visitors click on the ads? Shouldn't I be paid for publishing those ads in my site? If a million people visit my site and none of them click, would I be paid anything? Or simply nothing?

I'm anxiously waiting for your answer.

Answer:
You have asked this question at the right time, I just answered a related question on CPM based ads. You can go through it to aid better understanding.

There are two kinds of ads that Adsense serves:
CPC based ones (Cost-per-click)
CPM based ones (Cost-per-1000-impressions)

The CPC based ads will pay you only if your visitors click on them. With CPM based ads, you get paid (though small) for just displaying them on your site. So if you have CPM based ads and a million hits, you will get paid!

Pls comment for any clarification.

0 comments: