Made For Adsense (MFA) Sites

Vinoth Thompson asks:
Hi Rakesh,
I have been really tracking you in the orkut. And I used to read all the forums, and I learnt everything from you. Thnx A Lot. Keep the Good Work.
Q 1: I read in a Forum about MFA ads (Posted by You), and I used Competitive Ad Filter. But I think I am still getting the MFA ads. Pls assist http://vinothompson.blogspot.com/

Q 2: My CTR is as low as 3% - 4 %. My visitors never click Ads. I will be Satisfied If I get around 7 % - 10 %. What should I do?????


Answer:
I’m glad that you had been tracking all my posts. Thanks a zillion for the feedback and suggestions (He had given me some suggestions on template and subscriptions) While you have already noticed some changes, you will soon find the subscription box too.

Now let’s get into the answers.
I tried loading your site; it was taking a bit too long to load. I would suggest making your home page a bit lighter.

Made For Adsense (MFA) Sites
Sometime back there were a set of people who used to make a killing by adsense-adwords arbitrage. They used to bid small at Adwords to get traffic to their sites which in turn had high paying adsense ads and very little useful / original content.

Then something better happened. Google put them below the iron hammer. Google calculated a Landing Page Quality Score for all landing pages. As you can find here, MFA sites would not be have a good score and they will have to increase their minimum bid for displaying ads. This has wiped out most MFA sites from the Adwords / Adsense network. And I didn’t spot any when I visited your page as well.

They were made to make a minimum bid (threshold) to qualify to pay more for Adwords ads as their Landing Page Quality Score was low.

Increasing your CTR
Your CTR depends on a variety of factors. This include
  • Ad position
  • Ad size
  • Ad colour
  • Type of content

Most often, many people overlook one thing that influences CTR. This one thing is the main reason behind the success of Adsense. You guessed it right!
It is the contextual nature of ads. You need to have highly relevant ads to get your users click!

A way to increase the relevancy of ads is to use section targeting. You can make the number of posts that appear on the main page limited and direct users to your individual post pages so that you get better targeted ads that gets clicked.

We will very soon have articles on Increasing the CTR, and [edited] using section targeting.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Vinoth Thompson said...

Thanx a lot........

My blog never shows relevant ads.....
I dont know what to do......
I will be Waiting for ur next Article ......

Rakesh said...

@ Vinoth

Your wait has come to an end!

Find this article on Section Targeting

Hope you will enjoy it!